As a professional manufacturer of medical moulds, Shengjiu will talk about the advantages and disadvantages of oxygen inhalation with mask and nasal catheter.
Mask oxygen method: Cover the patient with a mask to inhale oxygen through the nose.
Nasal cannula oxygen inhalation method: The nasal cannula method is to insert a catheter into the top of the nasal cavity to inhale oxygen.
Advantages and disadvantages of mask oxygen:
1. No irritation, used for patients with mouth breathing.
2. It can provide a relatively constant inhaled oxygen concentration.
3. Changes in breathing pattern will not change the inhaled oxygen concentration.
4. Humidifying oxygen.
5. High-velocity gas can promote the exhalation of carbon dioxide in the mask, and there is basically no repeated inhalation of carbon dioxide.
6. Little irritation to nasal mucosa.
1. Cause inconvenience to eating and drinking.
2. The patient has a sense of restraint and occlusion.
3. May cause respiratory acidosis.
The advantages and disadvantages of nasal cannula oxygen:
1. It is simple, inexpensive, convenient and comfortable.
2. It does not affect eating and drinking.
1. The inhaled oxygen concentration is affected by the inhaled tidal volume and flow rate, and the ratio of breathing time.
2. The nasal duct is easily blocked.
3. It is irritating to the local area and can cause dryness in sputum.
For more product details, please click here: oxygen mask mould.