Emailing has become a crucial part today in the modern world as almost everyone has an email account so they can have the latest information on tons of things which include education, news, and even infotainment.
One of the best emails in the world that have been on the top for quite a while now is the Yahoo emailing service. It has tons of great filters and features to give the users a great overall emailing experience.
But that doesn’t make it flawless. Users have complained about the 1242 error that causes severe trouble in times of desperate need.
In today’s blog, we will be talking about the solution to this error that occurs frequently in Yahoo mail.
Before we begin, let us look at some of the reasons that may cause this error.
- When an important windows file is deleted
- Any suspicious activity or malware of some sort
- The incorrect configuration of a windows system file
- When the windows system is corrupt
- When an installed application gets corrupted or the incomplete installation of a new application.
Troubleshooting steps to fix Yahoo mail error code 1242
- First, you will need to start your computer or laptop and log in to your system as an administrator.
- From there, click on start to open the control panel and then click on the system and security option.
- Now, click on the « allow remote access » option that is just under the system to open up a new window.
- In the next window, go to the System Protection tab and then click on « create » to create a restore point that you want to use to revert your computer to that date in particular.
- Once you have done this, click on the « system restore » option so you can undo the newly made changes with ease.
- Restart your device now to see if the error code 1242 in Yahoo mail still exists.
These are some of the simple steps that you can use to fix this error with relative ease.
For more info, you may contact the Yahoo help center.